There are a lot of events that need music, amplification, video, or all three. If you are looking to work with an audio video company on an event, there are things you can do to make sure you get what you need without breaking the bank. Here are some tips to help you with that goal:
- Know what your budget is. Whenever anyone is planning any kind of event, the first step should be to determine what the budget is and what can be spent on both the entire event and on for the audio video company. The audio video contractors will work with on what you need and how much it will cost. They may know of ways to get you what you need at a better price than you would negotiate on your own. It is a good idea to have an overall budget for the entire event and then break that down into what you can pay for catering, to the audio video company, the venue, etc.
- Determine what your needs are. What kind of event are you planning? If you are doing a corporate meeting, you may not need a killer sound system to rock the town but you may need to show videos. If you are planning a wedding, you also may want to show a video or two but need your band or DJ to sound great. Maybe you are going to have a speaking event where you just need basic amplification. Knowing what you want when you start talking to audio video companies, can help keep you under, or at least, near your budget.
- Think about your past events. If your organization or company hosts the same event every year, look at how much was paid in the past for the audio video company. Look at the estimates that were received before the event and then what the final bills were. You may see some areas where you can lower your charges for the next event. When you are talking to audio video experts, talk to them about this.
- Be realistic. If you always ran the annual polka party at your church in Minneapolis, you may think you know a thing or two about how much things cost. The problem is that if you try to plan the same kind of event in Manhattan, you are going to have to pay more. That is just because the price to hire an audio video company in Minnesota will be less than the cost in New York. Think about this when you are planning out your budget.
- Get itemized estimates. You should talk to at least three companies and get the quotes in writing. When they are itemized and written out, you have an easier time of comparing the different quotes you are getting. When you go to a few companies, you will get a better idea of what your options are. Even after you have gone through the estimates and made your choice, you should pad the amount so that you have room for in your budget for the extras that always pop up.
- Keep in constant contact with your audio video company. Between the time when you sign the contract and the date of your event, a lot can happen. As you determine your venue or work out the other details, you should talk to the company you have hired to handle your audio and video needs. If your event is a few months away, having regular conference calls can be a great way to keep everyone on the same page and working towards the same goal.
- Designate at least a few people who can authorize more charges. From time to time, when a project is being completed, the company doing the work, no matter what kind of work it is, will find that something is going to cost more than they expect. If this is an event for a company, religious organization, or non-profit, there should be more than one person who can give the thumbs up when things have to be done that change the price of the services you need.
Trackback from your site.