It is as small as being able to check your phone’s app and know where your teenage daughters are located and it is as complex as knowing that you can be traveling across the world and know that your credit card purchases are being monitored for unexpected activity. In today’s digital world, there are a number of ways that the Internet of Things keeps up both connected and secure. With the use of remote network access, in fact, businesses and individuals across the globe can tap into the Internet of Things to monitor their financial transactions and other important activities.
As a result of all of this access, however, there is also a constant and increasing need for a variety of safety and security measures. For this reason there are a growing number of companies that offer endpoint cyber security solutions and network access protection services.
Remote Network Access Requires Careful and Constant Monitoring
Many companies out source their security needs to providers who offer around the clock monitoring systems. Predictions that cyber crime damage costs will reach $6 trillion annually by the year 2021 are reason enough for every company to make sure that they are working with the most experienced providers who can help them stay as safe as possible.
Consider some of these statistics about the Internet of Things and the platforms and services that many companies provide to their clients to keep today’s digital data safe and secure:
- Industry predictions indicate that cybercrime damage costs will reach $6 trillion annually by they year 2021.
- With more than 4,000 attacks detected per day in the year 2016, according to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the number of ransomware attacks increased 300% from 2015.
- Including 200 million Internet of Things credentials alone, more than 300 billion passwords will be in use by the year 2021.
- Representing a 164% increase over the previous year, 2 billion records were stolen in the first half of 2017, according to survey by Gemalto.
- 42% of U.S. financial service institutions have already experienced a breach that they know of, and 12% have been victims of multiple data breaches, according to a recent report from Thales.
- Who should I call after a car accident? 911? My insurance company? An attorney?
The need for critical infrastructure in the healthcare, financial, and government sectors is important. For this reason, it is important to make sure that you have the most experienced data storage and security providers helping your company with remote network access, as well as data breach alarms and interventions.
Trackback from your site.