The best hotel front desk software offers a number of services. From making sure to keep track of late check ins and requests for late check outs, hotel property management systems allow employees to focus on guests first, and worry about computer details last. In fact, the best hotel front desk software can prompt employees so that they remember the names of guests and can easily access details about their stay.
In a time when online reservations plays an important role in making sure that guests find the best price, it is important to make all visitors happy. Finding a great price may introduce a traveler to a particular hotel property. An excellent stay, however, can serve as motivation to return to that property again and again, instead of price shopping during the next visit.
Hotel management solutions that help clients track their stays and offer rewards for return visits can help create customer loyalty, a real advantage in today’s competitive world. Whether customers are traveling for work of for leisure, it is important to guests that they are provided a clean room and are offered great customer service. From turn down services to evening appetizers and drinks, there are a number of incentives that can intrigue a guest, but poor customer service can cancel out all of those efforts. If, for instance, a complaint about a leaky faucet or a request for extra linens is not accurately and efficiently handled, all of the other extras seem unimportant.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the hotel industry and the impact that it has on the nation’s economy:
- Travelers indicate that they conduct as many as 17 research sessions before ever booking a hotel room.
- 53% of people indicate that they use their mobile devices to find information that is related to upcoming travel.
- Building loyalty with a mere 5% more customers can lead to an increased average profit between 25% and 100% a customer, so it is important to focus on customer satisfaction.
- 86% of consumers quit doing business with a company in the year 2011 because of a bad customer experience, according to Harris Interactive/RightNow.
- 10% is the average no show rate in today’s hotel industry.
Customer service is more important now than ever when it comes to he hotel industry. Finding a hotel management solution can help employees efficiently handle customer check ins, requests, and concerns.